Reproductive Health Decision-Making Protected Characteristic Under California’s FEHA
The California Fair Employment & Housing Act (“FEHA”) protects Californians from discrimination, retaliation, or harassment in employment. California Government Code §§ 12900 – 12996. Presently,…
San Lorenzo Tenants: Sue Your Landlord for Retaliation & Unlawful Rent Increases
San Lorenzo tenants are protected from retaliation for asserting their rights under the law. At the state level, the California Tenant Protection Act of 2019…
Can Your Landlord Increase Your Rent For Having A Baby?
When California tenants remain in their unit long-term, they often settle in by acquiring more possessions, ingratiating themselves in the neighborhood, making their house a…
California’s CROWN Act Protects Employee & Applicant Natural Hair
On July 3, 2019, California became the first state in the United States to ban employers from discriminating against employees and applicants based on their…
- Palo Alto Rent Ordinance Basics
- Affordable Security Deposits for California Tenants Beginning on July 1, 2024
- California Prohibits Employers From Restricting California Workers with Noncompete Agreements
- California Requires Written Notice to California Workers that Noncompete Agreements are Void
- Can The Landlord Turn Off The Water in California?