Disruptive Construction

California tenants have rights against disruptive construction authorized by their landlord.  Most non-emergency construction work may only occur during business hours.  Where the California tenant’s home is rendered uninhabitable, the landlord must cover relocation costs or provide comparable accommodations.  Hazardous work requires contacting the utility company, and taking proper mitigation and remediation measures.