California Public Sector Hospital Employees Entitled to Rest & Meal Breaks in 2023
Everyone knows hospitals are stressful spaces, particularly for those working inside. However, public sector hospital employees were forced to contend with slightly greater stress than…
Starting in 2023, California Workers Afforded Notice of Cal/OSHA Citations for Labor Code Violations
In 2022, the California Legislature passed AB 2068 requiring California employers to post notifications when they receive citations for certain California Labor Code violations, and…
Can Employers Keep California Employees At Work During Meal Breaks?
Many California workers know California law provides thirty-minute meal breaks to employees that work more than five hours a day and a second thirty-minute meal…
California Employees Entitled to Increased Premium Pay for Noncompliant Meal, Rest, and Recovery Breaks
On July 15, 2021, the Supreme Court of California published an employment law opinion answering a hotly contested wage and hour issue regarding the correct…
- Palo Alto Rent Ordinance Basics
- Affordable Security Deposits for California Tenants Beginning on July 1, 2024
- California Prohibits Employers From Restricting California Workers with Noncompete Agreements
- California Requires Written Notice to California Workers that Noncompete Agreements are Void
- Can The Landlord Turn Off The Water in California?